Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Augustinian Church Visit - 2


Good morning. Are you still there folks. I hope so. Folk out there, I’m sure you don’t want to miss to know what happened to my visit. Let me continue now.

At the entrance of the museum, we saw a granite lion sculpture that acts as a reminder of Chinese influence to Filipino culture. And we went inside the museum and looked at every statue displayed that made me think how great is there importance given to the preservation of the remains for the history of the Augustinian church.

We already went around the museum and saw Fr. Blanco’s garden and everything inside the museum especially the paintings telling the story of St. Augustine and the Augustinian church itself plus the statues of some saints. Two of them that I saw were St. Thomas Villanova, the patron saint of Valencia, Spain and St. Michael the Archangel who is one of the principal angels and fought in heaven against the evil.

Since series of weddings are happening inside the church, we are not able to go inside and look for its paintings, sculptures and statues but we were able to go to its choir loft. There, you can see the beauty of the whole church and a very big songbook that is maybe for the choir members sitting on 68 huge chairs. The songs in the book were written on maybe Spanish. After that, we took our picture at the garden.

I actually have a plan to go back and go inside the church when no weddings are taking place.

No comments: